Pages

November 15, 2012

Viennoiserie Final

Today was day nine in my Viennoiserie class. For our final we had to make danishes and cinnamon buns. This was not a difficult task to do but it was hard to make sure that each pastry was exactly the same. When we made danishes, they all had to be the same shape and size and have the same filling. This is a lot easier said than done especially when you have a time limit to have everything completed. The cinnamon buns were another story. We had to roll out the dough and put  pecans and raisins on top. Once you roll up the dough, you have to cut out 4 ounce pieces. Now between the thickness of the dough and amount of ingredients you decide to put on top of the dough, it's hard to tell how much is 4 ounces. So you basically have to guess and if you cut it too heavy then you can just cut more off but if you have less then you can't do anything about it. It's unfortunate because our chef would weigh the cinnamon buns and if they weren't 4 ounces then points would be taken off. But other than every pastry having to be exactly the same, it wasn't that hard to do. Well today is not only my last day of class but also my last class for this trimester. I have a 10 day break and then when I come back I will start academics. I'm not really excited about that but I may as well get it over with. So the next time I have labs will be in the spring so I will let you know all about those and everything that happens. See ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment