Pages

October 22, 2012

More and More Cakes

This past week has been very crazy. I've been trying to study and do other things so I'm sorry it's been a while since I've posted anything. This class was unfortunately not one of my favorites. I was really excited about it and learning all new tricks and tips about baking and decorating cakes but I didn't learn that many new things. Granted I did just learn a lot of it in How Baking Works but I thought there would still be more to learn. But anyways, like I said before, each day we either bake our cakes and icings or we decorate the cakes we made the day before. We have made some really pretty cakes but honestly my favorite was the simple German Chocolate Cake we made at the very beginning. Of course that might just be because I'm a chocolateholic. Now don't get me wrong, the cakes were good I just prefer chocolate. Anyways, for our final we had to make two cakes. The two cakes I made are the very first two pictures I have posted. They both have three layers which are 1/16th of an inch tall. The picture on the left has a mocha buttercream which is why it has coffee beans on top. And the one of the right is a chiffon cake. It says Congrats Mom and Dad because it was their anniversary on October 18th. Now as you can see on all of our other cakes we have never done roses or writing on our cakes so why we had to do it on our final I'm still wondering about. I think it was crazy to critic us on something we never done before but oh well. I liked the class but I also think it could have been better. But it doesn't matter because it's over now. On to Artisan Breads for my next class!!
                            
                                                                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment